Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Casey coach of the month
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I was at the point where i figured either he or Gay had to go, and i just couldn't see how Rudy would find any takers. As it turns out rudy leaving made all the difference in the world. Casey looks like a completely different guy.
Such a difference, huh? Seems like he had lost the locker room when Gay was here - maybe everyone else seeing Gay ignore Casey had a ripple effect? Offense looks a lot better (actually, a lot more like what I expected based on Nurse's systems in the past) so maybe Gay really was doing his own thing rather than having iso's run for him. The defense being better is probably a symptom of players listening to Casey again (plus JV, Amir and Ross playing more).

The weird bit is that Casey's rotations have improved, his timeouts have improved, no insane clock management lately - maybe when the team checked out he did too, a little bit. Now that he has a group he can work with, he seems to be a lot more focused.

I'm not ready to forget how terrible he was for the first half of the year, but if the rest of the season tracks closer to the last 12 games than the first 18, then I'll be forced to reconsider my opinion that Casey needs to go.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote