Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lowry #? in Raptors all time PG list
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Outplayed Calderon? Every other day there were stories about "the point guard controversy".

Almost every year JC was here there was a PG contreversy. The media loved to bring that up.

First 6 weeks of the season with Calderon starting we were in 10th place. Calderon goes down to an injury, Jack starts the next 3 months and we go to the 5th spot in the EC just behind Boston. Then Bosh goes down to injury and the season goes to shit. Jose goes back as the starter and we continue to struggle and miss the playoffs.

After the season, we attempted to trade Calderon (not Jack) and MJ pulled out at the last minute. We then couldn't find a taker for Calderon as he was considered injury prone and still had a lot of money owed to him. A month into the following season Jack was traded after a slow start and because he was the easier one to move.

Still say that for the ONE season he played here he was the better PG at both ends. Nobody will convince me otherwise. Prior to that season i was more of a Calderon fan even though he seemed to always be injured. After that season i much prefered Jack and i was off the Calderon bandwagon, wanted him gone as he was again injured.

Last edited by jeffb; 01-03-2014 at 12:23 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote