Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grantland: The Raptors make over
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
KoolAid
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
That doesn't change a lot. You still imply that some magical switch will have been flipped when that just won't be the case. And what the hell is the treadmill for this year supposed to mean? I suggest you read the article and try to absorb some of the meaning. When Ujuri says the team will dictate where we go, that kind of means something, and it's not that he has chosen anything like a treadmill, for this year or any period of time.
Now you put words in my mouth. All I said was that if he goes past January without a Lowry deal it means he's not tanking this year. Nothing was said about a magical switch, just that that is his ultimatum and that's the latest he can make his choice. If he doesn't make a choice by then, the treadmill (which I use interchangeably with no man's land, if that helps your understanding) will be chosen for this season. Unless you seriously believe he can improve the team enough to be a contender, if we're not tanking by the end of January the team will go into no man's land for this year.

Masai does not have all his options at all times as you seem to think. If he chooses to tank in march and this team is at .500, guess what, its too late. There is such a thing as being too late.

Last edited by KoolAid; 12-31-2013 at 09:57 PM.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote