Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ball Don't Lie's Around the NBA Daily 2013-2014 Edition
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #1359 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
The NBA didn't apologize. This isn't something new - calls get missed. The Wolves should be asking themselves why they allow teams like Dallas to take 20 point leads in their own building in the first place.
Ok, an article stating they missed the call.

There should be news reports of referees being reprimanded at this point, it's like these guys are completely untouchable. The only one we've heard about is Crawford being suspended for a year(?), and he should have been fired on the spot for the way he handled the Duncan situation.

Like in any job, if you fuck up too many times, you'll be reprimanded, and then fired. A lot of the old refs especially are terrible, and everyone sees it. They must have one strong union.

Quote:
Punishing referees for single calls is a ridiculous notion. They've risen to their position because they inherently want to get the calls right. Because they're good at what they do. Punishing them for not calling fouls at the end of the game would put unwanted pressure on them to call everything and anything that involves a little bit of contact. It would ruin basketball.
Sure, I can agree with that. I misworded my original post, as I combined the notion of the bad refs being punished with the late game calls being incorrectly officiated.

What I meant to say is, like above, if you make so many mistakes in games, or try to take over games like Crawford does, you should be reprimanded, and eventually fired if it continues.

We as fans shouldnt remember the names of the referees because of their sheer incompetence on a game to game basis, whether its strictly blowing calls(Malloy/Palmer), or trying to make themselves the spectacle, and blowing numerous calls(Crawford, Mauer, Rush)

Last edited by Ball Don't Lie; 12-31-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote