Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #9018 (permalink)
LKeet6
n't

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I caught the Liverpool game on the weekend and my oh my were they fun to watch for about 45 - 55 minutes. They really extended the pitch and it was just beautiful to watch. When Suarez and Coutinho attacked the defence you really saw the Cardiff players just panic.

The final third of the game, to me at least, exposed the side's weakness and that's defence (and really, that's the story of the entire EPL this year with all the team's in contention, which is why it's so fascinating to watch). If Liverpool can strengthen the back four and pick up some depth in the transfer window they could, *could* win the league this year.

Big game today v. Chelsea for Arsenal. I really liked what we showed v. Man City last weekend even though we lost. As long as we bring that same fire, passion and intensity I think we could pick up three today.

That said, I could see Chelsea trying to make this an ugly, plodding game after their recent form.

Will see.
Defence is definitely our problem but we don't need more depth there (maybe you meant squad in general?) in defence we have skrtel, agger, toure, sakho and the unused, highly rate illori. That is the best strength in depth in defence in europe right now imo.

I'm so frustrated in our defence man, it's individual mistakes, every time. Like the hull game; skrtel played really well in that game but made 2 mistakes leading to goals! So annoying. Other players guilty of this too.

I don't think we'll win the league. My eyes are still very much focussed on 4th.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote