Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #5403 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
I would be against Amir for a TPE, because we'd essentially be giving him away as a good percentage of TPEs are never used, and Amirs value is too good for that.

In terms of Lee, I dont think GSW is going to be able to trade him, and if they do, theyd surely be looking to receive a starting caliber PF in return as theyre in win now mode, something Patterson/Speights cant do in terms of producing good numbers in the starting 5. Your trade wouldnt get them closer to winning because of their massive hole at the 4, plus Demar would take touches away from Curry/Thompson, and less touches for Iggy to create, which would surely lower their efficiency. I just dont think Demar would be a good fit in that offence because he generally holds the ball too long and isnt a good enough ball handler to touch the ball as much as he needs to when you already have Steph and Iggy.

And again, I think in 2-3 years, Barnes will be considered the better player anyway. If I had to choose between the two I'd take Barnes without hesitation.
OK, so first my deal is one that they'd never take. Now I add in a starting PF to mitigate the main issue you had with the deal from GSW point of view and the deal is bad for the Raps? I'm not trading Amir for nothing - I'm including him in the previous package to be able to get Barnes and two other cost controlled assets.

I agree that Barnes is the better player. That's why I want to trade for him. And am willing to take on what you just called an untradeable contract in Lee, and give up at least DD and Lowry and maybe Amir to do so.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote