Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #9007 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I like Hendo i really do, and i am glad that he is finally starting to show his potential and playing like he deserves to be an everyday first team player, but for a while there i was worried. Even at times this year he looked like he lacked confidence, but i can see that shifting and more often he looks in place along side Suarez, Coutinho, Lucas, etc etc. Still i cringe when i think back to that summer spending spree. $20 million pounds for both Henderson and Downing ? Each? GOOD LORD.
I watched the full 90mins last night, couldn't watch it live and henderson was dominant, a superb performance. Took over the midfield, with lucas backing him up from deep and allen neat and tidy, keeping things moving. Those 3 worked extremely well together and took spurs' midfield out of the game.

I agree on the confidence thing but I think he's been extremely consistent this season. You can't really think about the fee; that spending spree was terrible but we now have a player who is worthy of playing for us and plays with a passion and will that can not be ignored. I'm starting to value him as highly as lucas.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote