Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #9002 (permalink)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
La Decima!!!!!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
But come on mate, when does that judgement get made? After 16 games? Not for me. If they finished 5th or 6th with him this season I don't think the board could demand better than that. Yeah, they wanted champs league but the reality is they lost their best player (like arsenal have in recent years and struggled,) and replaced them with tons of new players. And of course there are some very strong teams out there. They needed to wait till next season and those players would be ready to go. Now they're starting again.

50-50 on how the manager does, I agree. But usually, even if the manager isn't great, has dodgy tactics or other issues, just the fresh broom sweeping clean makes a huge difference. Psychology is huge in football I think, in all sports and a new manager often gives a morale boost, players play with freedom. I'm only talking 4 or 5 games, then the new regime starts to define itself.
It's been a full season + 16 games. He had to integrate the new players better and he failed, thus far. Yes they could've taken more time but it's clear that their board had higher expectations. Valencia did the same thing firing their coach - obviously different situation regarding finances but Valencia should not be where they are similar to how Spurs should not be where they are.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote