Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chad Ford: Tank Rank, Ujiri shopping KL & DD?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
you mean everybody outside anti-tankers are delusional? I haven't seen ONE person outside this board making this point. Not even one of those "I know it's crazy, but what if Masai traded gay hoping the team will be better without him" type of articles/comments.

and again, even if that wouldn't be enough proof, are you going to claim trading lowry is also not a pro-tank action?

I mean, I guess it's possible for us to trade everybody but JV, win 15 games all season, and still claim that masai didn't tank, he just wanted to create cap flexibility - it's not like he will ever come out and admit tanking.

But look at it this way, before the season, most pro-tankers were asking for gay and lowry to be traded, perhaps demar too. If Masai does that, you may not call it a tank move, but I guarantee that all pro-tankers will be very happy

Trading Lowry (along w/Gay) alone doesn't say tank imo. Vasquez/Felton is pretty good PG depth. I've said it before and i will continue to say it again, if we are truely tanking Amir/DD would be traded or at least one of them. Lowry being traded means little other than MU looking to get something for an expiring player he knows he won't bring back.

Vasquez/Felton/Stone
Derozan/Fields/Shump or THJ
Ross/Salmons/Novak
Amir/TH/Patterson
JoVal/Amir/Hayes

^ Sorry, but that's not a tank team at all (assuming we get Felton + one of Shumpert/THJ). That is a team in no man's land at worst. Obviously the Lowry deal likely won't be all he does but for now that is all we have to go on.

Last edited by jeffb; 12-16-2013 at 01:19 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote