Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Poll: Playoffs@Tank
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Jazz View Post
Those who vote tanking need to take into account that there is no way we can outtank Utah, Bucks or Sixers and this team is not bad enough to finish in bottom 5 anyway leaving us with miserable chances getting top 3 pick. After that talent level drops and is not worth throwing season away.
um, so which are the other 2 teams that will prevent us from landing a top 5 pick?

that'a assuming utah, philly and milwaukee are worse than us, which is far from obvious. In fact, Utah is playing quite well lately and they have more talent than we do imo. Once Sanders returns, assuming he will recover his form, the bucks should make a run + they may try to improve since their owner is against tanking. Philly is the only one that will have it tough, especially once they make their next tanking move.

I think top 3 is very doable, and top 5 is ours for the taking, if we want it. This year we'll get an all star level player with a top 7 pick probably, and a superstar level prospect with a top 3-5. It's that special of a draft (according to draft experts at least - I tend to trust experts in fields I have no opinion, no choice really).
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote