Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Amir Johnson
Thread: Amir Johnson
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
DonMughal
the boss

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
yes, and he never won anything kind of like the opposite of those guys .
That doesn't mean shit. He's just as much as a winning player as those guys, if not more. Put Amir on the Heat instead of one of those guys, they still win rings, maybe even easier.

Quote:
I see Amir as more of a better (as in more upside) version of david west. His jumper is nowhere near as reliable as west's, but considering he got better every year and he's still so young, I think it will get there.
I don't know. David West is an absolute beast on the block. His physicality is what he leans on(along with his IQ and post moves). Amir doesn't have that kind of force. While Amir can score when given the ball, he likes to get a lot of his buckets off of energy, offensive rebounds, putbacks etc. He likes to clean it up a lot, unlike West who asks for the ball. West is also a former all-star, so to compare Amir to West is off. We'll see how much Amir can improve.

Quote:
the problem with amir is he's not nearly as good when he's not featured in a p&r offense, he tends to fade away, it happened last year and this year again. And defensively he's also up and down.
Sure. However, I think he's been a bit more consistent this year defensively than you credit him for.

Quote:
My only concern is we won't be able to keep him after his next contract, he is very valued by the analytical crop of new GMs, which is why I think we should really consider trading him this season, or at least explore the scenario
Dude the guy loves this organization and city and calls it his home. Unless we give him a real unreasonable offer, he should stay.

Last edited by DonMughal; 12-15-2013 at 06:02 PM.
DonMughal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote