Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Quincy Acy: It was the best time of my life
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Quincy Acy: It was the best time of my life

Unplugged: Former Toronto Raptor Quincy Acy ‘back at square one’ after trade to Sacramento Kings | National Post

NP: How did you find out about the trade?

QA: I had heard some talk on the bus ride over [from the teamís hotel to the Staples Center, where the Raptors were playing the Lakers on Sunday night]. I first heard Rudy [was involved]. When I got to the bus, I heard Rudy and AG, Aaron [Gray]. And then when I got to the locker room, I heard it was Rudy, Aaron and me. I was like, huh? I texted my agent to ask him what was going on. He said he hadnít heard it. I told him to make some calls. He made some calls and finally got in touch with Masai [Ujiri], and it was true. I was just kind of stunned, really.
NP: Has it sunk in yet?

QA: Kind of, sort of. But itís still kind of just crazy. You donít prepare for this. Also, I was supposed to start against the Lakers. I donít know if coach told you. But he told me I was supposed to start that game [in place of the injured Tyler Hansbrough].

NP: Did Rudy Gay, who was traded in the middle of last season, give you any advice?

QA: He just said itís a business. Thatís one thing youíve got to always be prepared for. You can tell somebody that. But you canít really be prepared unless you experience that. Everything I own is in Toronto. Itís just like, ĎDang.í Itís crazy.
NP: I know itís only been two days, but have you had a chance to reflect on your time in Toronto?

QA: It was the best time of my life. As far as the NBA, thatís all I know. I come in early in the morning. I eat. I work out. Ö That is my home, everyday playing there. Itís Toronto. I wouldnít change it. The fans were great. The people were great. The city was great. I had great teammates. It was a great start to my career. Everything happens for a reason. But Iím just glad I was able to start my career in Toronto. Ö Iíve got great tweets and [messages] on my Instagram post, and I didnít even play. That says a lot.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote