Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Raptors have decided to opt for a rebuild
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #102 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I think Rudy to Dallas is a good fit,but would have to happen in a 3 or 4 team deal like how the Raps acquired him. Marion and Wright would have to be outgoing Mavs players in my opinion,but Gay alongside Calderon and Nowitzki under Carlisle would work imo.
I disagree completely - In Marion you have somebody who embraces the role as a defensive stopper, and is satisfied playing a secondary role off of Dirk and Ellis on offense.

Sub in Gay for Marion, and now you need to have Dirk playing a different character than what he is accustomed to, sharing the ball with two other players in crunch time, and you lose that defensive stopper mentality that a player like Marion brings to the table.

I don't see the synergy, and I don't think the Mavs would ever go for it. As it stands, you get the clutchness and offensive power that Gay brings from Nowitzki/Ellis; having three players like that is redundant. Carter and company are all competent role players in their own right.

Gay would drive Nowitzki crazy. In no way does Gay bring that team to another level, all he does is create a different dynamic that the team would need to adjust to.

I'm not sure anybody would go for Gay except teams that could make the playoffs without a big name scorer. Maybe Atlanta??

Last edited by bjjs; 12-06-2013 at 02:49 PM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote