Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Raptors have decided to opt for a rebuild
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Them teetering on the edge of a total rebuild has been obvious for a couple years now. That reality is nothing new, so does nothing to impact my hopes for the team. The following, on the other hand?

Plenty to be hopeful about.
If the clarity we are speaking of were regarding on-court performance, then i could see reason for hoping. Without that it's counting chickens way before they are hatched. Playoffs or bust might not be the mantra, but they could still get there, or not far off, by default. Rudy Gay really fucked things up. Just because they won't extend him doesn't mean that is lessened. The damage has and will be done. Him getting extended as a result of having some value would not have been horrible. It would have put all kinds of possible moves into play. Now we just get to ride out the ugliness before real hope comes into play. I'm getting a little too old, and a little too wary of everything Toronto for that. I'm really starting to wonder how i could fall for a Toronto team after laughing at Toronto teams for most of my life.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote