Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Raptors have decided to opt for a rebuild
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I'm not understanding the hopes as they pertain to this piece. The team is landlocked and may not be relevant for many years to come. It's a pretty bleak picture that suggests there is not a lot of light to be seen, no matter what may be decided.

I think some of you guys are not looking beyond a poorly chosen headline. Grange in fact says they are teetering on the verge of a total rebuild that can only be hampered. There just isn't a lot of hope in that. It's not about him knowing some kind of inside information, it's about him painting a bleak but accurate representation of the situation faced by this team.
Them teetering on the edge of a total rebuild has been obvious for a couple years now. That reality is nothing new, so does nothing to impact my hopes for the team. The following, on the other hand?

Quote:
But the Raptors arenít fooled by the easy lure of a playoff spot. If anything, that would complicate matters. A playoff spot would create the temptation or expectation to re-sign Lowry or extend Gay, not to mention yield a mid-to-late first-round pick in a season when the Raptors desperately need and want to be in the lottery.
Quote:
Playoffs or bust isnít the mantra. The goal is a long-term solution to years of on-court woes. There is an awareness that there is no quick fix. That clarity is perhaps the only thing Raptors fans will have to cheer about for some time to come.
Plenty to be hopeful about.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote