Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Koreen: Is it time to trade Derozan?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #93 (permalink)
The Diamond Scorpion
A True Diamond In The Rough

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I agree with LOG that a vet is worse than a lateral move. DeMar is starting to play like a vet himself at this point. And just creaming our pants over a draft pick like moremilk suggests, is just looking to spend more time to get that pick to where DeMar is now, unless you get lucky and hit the jackpot. I don't think you want to lose what is becoming your best value player for a slim chance to hit the jackpot.

Now this draft does offer better than a slim chance if some team is willing to be dumb enough to deal that away for anybody. In any case there would have to be a useful player that brings the salary back - a guy Masai has on his big board of player acquisitions - and a decent shot at hitting the jackpot with a pick. If more players could be brought into the deal from both sides, or involving more teams, in order to do a lot of work towards fully constructing a roster they want to go forward with, then it works ok for me. Anything else and it's just shit we can see everyday in the trade proposal thread, which is not what I want to see from my GM, all due respect to the fine human beings that participate in that thread, as well as in half of all other threads once they get annexed into trade proposal threads, such as this one.
I definitely agree with all this
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote