Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Koreen: Is it time to trade Derozan?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
Dude is 24 and got better each year since he was drafted and hasn't reached his ceiling. Yeah, sure, let's trade him now and keep the treadmill going so we could finish 9th again, maybe even 10th.
yeah, except the key word is slightly. He's been making slight progress every year and at this rate, he will be retired by the time he makes an all star. 2 weeks ago everybody was down on him, he had 5-6 good games and now it's the opposite.

If you get a top 8 pick in this draft, I think you trade demar without hesitation. That's what I would call selling high. There's no way you get that kind of offer though.

I like demar's progress as much as you do, but I don't understand why people talk all star with him. He's still bad defensively, doesn't really create for others and only shown the ability to create shots for himself at a pretty inefficient rate. If he can show consistent ability to shoot in the high 40s from the field and high 30s from the 3, that would make him a pretty efficient scorer, a slightly better kevin martin in other words (better D and worse O). If he can improve on THAT, than we're talking all star conversation, but he's still a long way from that.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key