Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Rudy should come off the bench
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Grange: Rudy should come off the bench

Raptors should bring Rudy Gay off the bench - Sportsnet.ca

Quote:
Dwane Casey got the wrong guy.Taking Amir Johnson out of the starting lineup is the right message to send to a team that already plays selfishly?Removing the one Raptor who more often that not brings a full effort and plays team-first basketball is the way to encourage more of the same?
Quote:
Unlike Johnson, who took his demotion grudgingly but without overt protest, Gay indicated he wouldn’t go willingly when the subject was broached.“Me? Would I ever come off the bench?” he said, when I asked him about it. “No. I think this team needs me in the starting lineup. Maybe on a different team, maybe in the long run… But here? No
Quote:
Having Gay come off the bench would create a cascade of benefits. It would allow his shot-happy style to flourish—or at least cause the least possible damage.It would embolden DeMar DeRozan as the Raptors’ clear leader and offensive lynchpin, which he is already—or at least whenever he can wrestle the ball from Gay.

Making Ross a starter would give DeRozan some space and allow Toronto to find out if he’s an asset worth further investment. Having one less high-volume shooter in the starting five would mean Valanciunas could conceivably be a consistent part of an offensive game plan, rather than the guy charged with picking up Gay and DeRozan’s scraps.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote