Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #8947 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

The players are definitely to blame for that loss. There was a point where I saw Paulinho throw a small fit on the pitch and I just shook my head. Lamela look disinterested and just mediocre.

AVB, I think shoulders some blame because it looked like he just let him players out there to flounder. I mean, they weren't even competitive. I haven't seen Spurs not compete like that in a long, long, time. Oh and that joke of a free-kick in the first half where you had half the squad talking about who was taking it. It was both sad and funny to watch.

Regarding the lack of goals, I've seen it at Arsenal last season when we lost RVP. You can try to replace a player with a bunch of really quality players, but what sets apart the truly special ones is the attention they require and the space they create. Losing Bale hurt not because of goal production but because of the attention he required. Someone needs to grab the reigns (Soldado?) and help alleviate some pressure off their teammates otherwise they'll continue pressing. They're still in the hunt though....
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote