Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Random Thought Thread.
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #10617 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
every time i feel like i have a handle on whatever stage my kids are at, they move on to another stage. once one thing gets easy, another thing comes along to throw you off kilter. i'm hoping one day i can find a zen about it, but i have a feeling that's impossible from within the day to day. that's what grandparents are for...
A friend of mine got married about 6 years ago. Just prior to him getting married we had a discussion about having kids. He couldn't believe that I didn't want kids, he thought that's what you do and it's all great. He even said it was selfish for me not to want kids. Fast forward 6 years and he has 2 daughters and to say the least his views have changed. He gets it and he even said that if he knew what he knows now he probably would have waited longer to have kids. He keeps saying it's one thing after another and if you don't want kids and you know that, make sure you don't have them because it's stressful. He of course he prefaces this by always saying "don't get me wrong I love my kids and it's so rewarding...." which people always tend to say.

All I know is a lot of people I know that have kids, get less sleep, more stressed, crankier then they were prior. I just don't see myself ever having kids, i'd constantly be worrying about everything.

I admire people that are good parents, it's definitely not easy and it never gets much easier because they are constantly changing and getting various outside influences and you just never know how they will turn out down the road. You could be doing all the right things but it's a bit of a crap shoot imo. I'd probably have a heart attack before I was 50. lol

Last edited by jeffb; 11-21-2013 at 10:08 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key