Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Koreen with some solutions for the offense
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Blind? That's a bit strong. As is the statement that it is ALL on two guys. That's just overstating something that is pretty obviously a problem and doesn't need to be overstated. I'm not sure where you saw so much ball movement with Jose. I saw a guy standing and dribbling in one place for long periods of time, quite often. This team was a one-pass special with him on the floor. Not a major improvement.

Now i could be wrong, but i think the ball is not sticking in the Jose sense so much this season. Even when Gay and Demar get the ball and don't pass, they do drive or shoot instead of overdribbling and letting the defense set up. They are following the George Karl rules of ball movement which require a player to decide immediately to pass, shoot or drive. There's still a lot of room for improvement in that sense, and personally i would like to see them taking more time in post-up situations now and again. They need to find the options, and others need to open other options up for them. Lowry could be a very big piece in that, and if they can hit more threes it would help a huge amount. But the overall principles in place, and the executing of them, is not utterly horrendous.
Jose definitely got the bigs involved..... at least give him that.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote