Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Two high usage wings are struggling to play together
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Diamond Scorpion
A True Diamond In The Rough

Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
The article made a nice point about how dd without gay has actually been great. His ts% up and the teams offr and defr both up. Gay has to go. I dont think this team needs to be blown up but this team right now, if it were as it were before the trade went down (I.e including all signings/trades made by Masai but keeping ed and caldy) would be much much better. And then Masai even has a bit of cap space to work with to sign or trade for the right fitting sf for this team. BC can go rot in hell!

Lowry/caldy (limited mins)/Augustine
Dd/ross/fields
Addition/fields
Amir/ed/hans
Jv/amir/hans
I agree with all of this. Lowry should have been the starter, but I think based on which ever PG being Lowry or Calderon was playing the best in each game should have gained more minutes for just that game and let the cycle continue on. So, if Lowry played better than Calderon throughout game 1 he would get between 33-35 mins with Caldy getting 13-15 mins. If the opposite happened the next game then just reverse the minutes. I would say the same for all players at every position. I would have loved to have had this roster over the current no passing, lazy wing defense (Demar and Rudy) roster, with a new coach like George Karl, Lionel Hollins, SVG, etc.

Roster would look like this:

Starting SF would have to have been a free agent signing like either Andrei Kirilenko 3yr, Michael Beasley 2yr team option, Corey Brewer 2yr team option, Earl Clark 2yr team
option, Martell Webster 2yr team option or 1yr contracts for guys like Wesley Johnson and Alan Anderson (as much as I would prefer to not have him)

Lowry/Calderon/Buycks (No Augustine, as we could save cap space)
Demar/Ross/Fields (I'll give Demar 1 more shot to improve defensively)
Free Agent Signing/Fields/Novak (Novak gets hot shooting, he plays more than Fields
Amir/Ed or Psycho T/Acy
JV/Ed or Psycho T/Gray
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote