Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Koreen with some solutions for the offense
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

The Killing Joke
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Originally Posted by carp View Post
It really is remarkable how often both DD and Gay just put their heads down as soon as the ball hits their fingertips..... there is never any expectation that they'd have to give it up. Our bigs could be so much better utilized with some P&R and Lowry needs to be holding the ball much longer and constantly buzzing around. Surprised he didn't learn that from watching Jose operate offensively.....
A part of me wonders if it's being deferred by some sort of hierarchical setting in the locker room where there's a belief that we go as far as Rudy and DeMar take us. Heck, I can see where Gay might think that (I recall some quotes made by the previous regime when they acquired him).

The coach can do a lot of things, but I'd love for the players to begin saying on the court, "enough of this". It's gotta be grating on the nerves of some of the players.

Again, I think Lowry really could take a bigger leadership role here as the overall floor general. Being a PG isn't just about passing the ball to the right target.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote