Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Two high usage wings are struggling to play together
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nyall
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
what I draw from this article is that, by their own admission, small samples are ok as long as they back our preconceived notions
what you should draw is that derozan and gay can not work together..

Quote:
they may be right to be sure, but it's insane to draw any conclusions from this. For all we know, they both may be in shooting slump right now.
Gay's poor shooting has lasted ever since last season and has gotten worse now, as he's shooting far more than he did last year, with no signs of actually slowing down. This is no shooting slump, This is what Gay brings. He won't make any more shots than he's making now, what might change is that he'll stop taking as many shots, hopefully he's not a Raptor long enough for us to find out.

For DeRozan sake, I'm really hoping he doesn't become even more like gay.

Quote:
also, how much of this is style of play imposed by coaching stuff. I realize miami is not the same thing, but still, both lebron and wade are high usage poor shooting (lebron is good now, but 3 years ago he was still average) super athletic freaks and they were able to get it to work.
wtf are you talking about? and are you actually comparing the Raptors to miami?

Scoring 30 ppg, on 50 pct. shooting is not average. It is amazing. Lebron is the furthest thing from a poor shooter, and if you don't include his rookie year, he has always been efficient [by league standards]. Not to mention Lebron has hadat least 6 apg in every year he's been in the league. Lebron's worse season in the league, his rookie year, is better by FAR than Gay or Demar's best seasons in the league. Him not being a chucker like Gay is the reason why it worked in Miami. Lebron actually gets team mates involved, to Gay, team mates are the things that give the ball to him and stare while he plays iso, 20 times a game.

And I haven't even spoken about Wade yet.
Quote:
Everybody in the league knows (by now) the secret to beat miami is to slow the game and force them to play in the half court. And what does Casey do? He does this ON PURPOSE. Hm ...
you're trolling right? you have to be, you must be.. please tell me you are.
Nyall is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote