Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rob Ford kicked out of office
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:08 AM   #219 (permalink)
Thug
in Houstatlantavegas

Presidential

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
you are not, as far as i know, the mayor of the biggest city in canada. nor are you a significant public figure, paid by taxpayer money, and in a role that both commands respect from the citizenry and stands as a role model for children and youth. you are not held to the same standard. neither am i. surely, surely, you can see the difference here. it's not holier than thou, it's the accountability, responsibility and integrity of public office.

oh, and the police tailing him is because he is part of a criminal investigation. do you think criminal investigations are holier than thou?
OK so because he is the mayor he is held to a higher set of expectations. I get that.

What I don't get is how the council just kicked him out of office? After all, isn't he still the mayor? What did he do that legally kicks him out of office? Like you said, he was part of a criminal investigation- but has he been charged?

He should be allowed to finish out his term, he was fairly elected by the citizens of Toronto.

This was unfair and unprecedented. What the fuck is next?
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote