Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ball Don't Lie's Around the NBA Daily 2013-2014 Edition
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #337 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post

Regarding Blake;

I think the addition of Chris Paul actually hurt his development. Paul is so good at being in command, that some of his teammates use him as a crutch, passing up shots or not making a decision opting to get the ball back in Paul's hands. BG's early career arc looked like he was going to be a superstar, but with the addition of a superstar in Paul, it really changed the dynamic of the team and what they needed out of Griffin.

That being said, I think he's a bit underrated...last night he still scored the basketball, he played solid defense on Lebron, and he always seems to be able to grab a key offensive rebound when his team needs it. I think he's a smarter player than people give him credit for.
I agree in regards to Paul. It's when I noticed a shift.

Where I stand on Blake is that he hasn't taken that next step. He's at his fiercest when he's running his lane but in the half court he seems to over think a bit. He should watch some LeBron tapes and mimic his post-up game. He'd create even more space for his shooters. That said, I don't think it was fair how much he was being ripped by Reggie Miller and Greg Anthony last night. Plus, I know i'm nitpicking here. It's just something I noticed and I'd love to see him on that previous trajectory.

I do like Reddick there though. Hopefully he can usurp some minutes from Crawford. He's one of the more unwatchable players for me.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key