Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ball Don't Lie's Around the NBA Daily 2013-2014 Edition
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #337 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post

Regarding Blake;

I think the addition of Chris Paul actually hurt his development. Paul is so good at being in command, that some of his teammates use him as a crutch, passing up shots or not making a decision opting to get the ball back in Paul's hands. BG's early career arc looked like he was going to be a superstar, but with the addition of a superstar in Paul, it really changed the dynamic of the team and what they needed out of Griffin.

That being said, I think he's a bit underrated...last night he still scored the basketball, he played solid defense on Lebron, and he always seems to be able to grab a key offensive rebound when his team needs it. I think he's a smarter player than people give him credit for.
I agree in regards to Paul. It's when I noticed a shift.

Where I stand on Blake is that he hasn't taken that next step. He's at his fiercest when he's running his lane but in the half court he seems to over think a bit. He should watch some LeBron tapes and mimic his post-up game. He'd create even more space for his shooters. That said, I don't think it was fair how much he was being ripped by Reggie Miller and Greg Anthony last night. Plus, I know i'm nitpicking here. It's just something I noticed and I'd love to see him on that previous trajectory.

I do like Reddick there though. Hopefully he can usurp some minutes from Crawford. He's one of the more unwatchable players for me.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote