Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ball Don't Lie's Around the NBA Daily 2013-2014 Edition
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #335 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Hit your free-throws at a decent clip and all of sudden there goes that strategy. If it works, it works.

On a side note, has Blake Griffin plateaued a bit? I watch him now and I feel like he's just coasting out there. Yeah he's an athletic freak, but if I'm in an intense playoff series I don't know if I want him on my team. It's just something I've been noticing the past say year.

Regarding the free throws;

D12 hit 4/6 at the start of the hack-a-dwight. Then he decided to runaway and he was laughing when he got fouled like it was a big joke. Missed both. Then he started compaining to the officials that Steve Blake should have been hit with a technical for fouling him out of bounds. Then it was all downhill. It's just interesting with bad free throw shooters how mentally fragile they can be. One moment of self-doubt and it's a lost cause.

Regarding Blake;

I think the addition of Chris Paul actually hurt his development. Paul is so good at being in command, that some of his teammates use him as a crutch, passing up shots or not making a decision opting to get the ball back in Paul's hands. BG's early career arc looked like he was going to be a superstar, but with the addition of a superstar in Paul, it really changed the dynamic of the team and what they needed out of Griffin.

That being said, I think he's a bit underrated...last night he still scored the basketball, he played solid defense on Lebron, and he always seems to be able to grab a key offensive rebound when his team needs it. I think he's a smarter player than people give him credit for.

Last edited by bjjs; 11-08-2013 at 10:33 AM.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote