Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Paul George about to sign 5yrs/90mil extension
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #169 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
ouch ! Indy's screwed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I'm sorry, but 18 mill a year for a nicer, more scoring oriented Trevor Ariza sounds ridiculous to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94 View Post
Man they overpaid for Paul George. He's a nice player but at this point I think $15 million is the highest they should've went, and even that might be to much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Mehh
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He actually sort of reminds me of Rudy Gay of 5 yrs ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
50 mill more than Demar.. and Demar is not that far off compared to George.. all DD needs is a good playoff run and we got a steal
Quote:
judging by his contract.. is his play that much better than Demars to earn him 50 more mill.. bottom line he is over paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
either you are overrating one or underrating another, badly

Is he a lebron type instant-finals-appearance player? Not even in future.
He is a top10 SF, and thats bottom end of top10. Right behind Rudy Gay.

Overpaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
George is one of my favourite player in the league but he is not worth max, at least not yet. Its little bit like paying max to Steph Curry..
Quote:
he is worth 50-60, not 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think Paul George is overrated. I'd take Gay over George. Will probably get heat for that statement, but his team makes him look better than he really is. Put him on the Raptors and you got a slightly better derozan
Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
Wow, way too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
I think it is like this. Is he worth 18 mill this year? No way whatsoever. Could he be worth 18 mill in 5 years? Ye there is a chance. This is one of those potential contracts. They over did it though. The most I would have paid for him would be a 5 yr 60 mil
Quote:
I didn't mention Rudy Gay in my post, was referring to Demar, but yes we can all agree that the contract is too high

I even thought Chris Pauls contract was too high.. they will have good seasons in clip land, but they ain't winning
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Who would you rather have? at 12 per George or Gay?

imo i would go with George but that's only because of potential, atm Gay is a better player
Quote:
it was me.. I was the one that said DD isn't to far off from George.. AND I STAND BY IT
Quote:
lets see the kind of season George Demar and Gay have.. then we can refresh this thread
Quote:
he is better then DD, but not 50 million better lol
Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Gay and George are not very similar. For starters, George is one of the top defensive wings in the league and is 6'10" or 6'11" with a huge wingspan.

Gay has never averaged 4 assists per game (I think he once just barely cracked 3). George averaged 4 assists per game at the tender young age of 22.

There are so many differences, but I guess that if you only watch Raptors games, you have no choice but to attempt to compare everyone to a Raptor.
Win.

I have been telling my friends everyday to watch out for George if he develops the mid-range game. It looks like he's done that.

Last edited by ClutchCity; 11-07-2013 at 04:20 PM.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote