Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - A whole new way to play over/under
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:
Default A whole new way to play over/under

Bob Loblaw, formerly known as Kidd, won it all last spring!
Time to see if you can be the next to wear the ring!

It all starts again in a few days, with 4 rounds of 20 games. That leaves 2 spare games for me to screw up or use as a tiebreaker, and if they do not come into play then we'll just have two games at the end of the schedule for me to prepare for the playoff round.

Once again the main over/under question will concern the total points in the game, as set by Vegas. This time around I'm going to count that one for 3 points. The new twist this year will be the extra over/under concerning various statlines and set by myself. You will not have to get the main o/u correct in order to have the extra pick count as in years past. Instead a correct pick will net 2 extra points, and an incorrect pick will result in a loss of 2 points. You may also choose to make no extra pick. That should make it a bit more challenging for front-runners, and otherwise a little less complicated for the scoring. I'm hoping it will also allow those who miss the odd game to still remain competitive. Of course it will also be closer to the real thing where money is often lost as well as won.

Unless there are not enough people playing, I'll go with the top ten of each round advancing to the playoffs. If you make the top ten in more than one round, you'll start the playoff round with 3 bonus points for each extra top ten finish. Those that finish first in any round will score 5 bonus points on top of any bonuses for finishing top ten in multiple rounds.

After that first round of the playoffs, we'll see which players make it out of orbit and reach Planet Ball, in bobloblaw galaxy, where the big race to the finish will take place, with the starting order determined by the standings at the end of the first round of the playoffs.

I'm going to post some o/u picks related to the season as a whole in this thread. Feel free to have a go at those until the season starts. I'll keep the poll open for a week. I'll use the results as a possible tie-breaker when the playoffs roll around, and whoever gets them all right, or gets the most right will earn a possible 2 bonus points going into the first round of the playoffs.

Good luck to all!

Last edited by LX; 10-26-2013 at 11:57 AM.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote