Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Amico: League-wide interest in DD
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I could easily say the same about 90% of the wing players in the league right now if you're looking to nitpick.

A couple articles here that you may want to read... I took the liberty of posting some snippets.

People are starting to take note... and the LAST thing you want to do is deal a guy and have him become an all-star the very next season.
who is taking note? Casey and Derozan? He's slow-footed, focused heavily on offense, doesn't move particularly well without the ball, gets much of his scoring off of isos.... but yes, people have noticed. Casey is talking up his player, means very little. Let's see Casey get him to defend, given that it is his supposed strength.

I'll go read those though.... but from the snippets, I've read nothing I haven't heard before. He does look more confident though, ever-building too, given the green light he's been given his entire career.

I just don't think we should be afraid to move a player that has a strong chance to not live up to the big deal we gave him. If potential is what we're hyping, let's sell on that note too.

If we're afraid of him becoming an all-star, we may be fearful for years to come.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote