Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Amico: League-wide interest in DD
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
you're allowed your opinion.... but I'm saying his league wide value isn't likely that high either. He's a limited player, there are many in the same tier. For some to suggest he has his position on lockdown seems like settling. Maybe other teams are interested, but it's likely for a player that has equally plateaued or stagnated. Weak handles, mediocre shooting for his position, bad defense, but he can score on isos until the defense intensifies.
I could easily say the same about 90% of the wing players in the league right now if you're looking to nitpick.

A couple articles here that you may want to read... I took the liberty of posting some snippets.

Quote:
"That's why it's so hard when people talk about, ‘This guy's going to come in and take over the league,'" Casey said. "No, it doesn't happen overnight. It's a four-year process, a five-year process when you get a guy out of college. It's very rare a guy comes in and dominates and knows what it takes to dominate because he doesn't have life experiences to go through it. And that's where DeMar is and it's good to see."

Toronto's seen incremental improvement out of DeRozan over his first four years. The knock has been that his added strength and skills haven't had a profound impact on his per-minute production. If you've been watching all along, though, it's impossible not to have noticed how his game and his confidence have grown to this point.

"I definitely feel more comfortable than ever," DeRozan said.

DeMar DeRozan showing signs of improvement in preseason - SBNation.com

Quote:

“When you play in a league so long, you start understanding little things,” DeRozan said after the game. “You start understanding the floor, the space that you have. Only so many players can go here or there. You understand every rotation. You understand where your help is. You understand so much. Once you see it so much, it becomes second nature. That’s one thing that’s happening for me.”

Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan becoming a pleasant surprise on defence | National Post
People are starting to take note... and the LAST thing you want to do is deal a guy and have him become an all-star the very next season.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 10-23-2013 at 05:53 PM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote