Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Wiggins debut
Thread: Wiggins debut
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
La Decima!!!!!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Wiggins is going to get drafted by some shit team, get fed up and decide Toronto looks better than taking the biggest contract available. I mean we have Drake right?

I love the irony of a dude named LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!! wanting to so badly, and obsessively, for the Raptors to fail.

Oh, I know, it's just to get that magical draft pick that will ensure that they contend almost forever. That's the spirit baby!!!!!!
LET GO OF ANY HOPE OF WINNING JUST YET!!!!!!
LET'S NOT GO ANYWHERE JUST YET, OR AS LONG AS THERE IS A DRAFT THAT PROMISES MORE HYPE THAN ANY OF US CAN FATHOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No actually I don't want the Raptors to fail, I want the Raptors to succeed. I just don't think the current core is good enough to win it all one day, go to the finals or even go to the conference finals. Money (ie. current salaries and salary for next year) is also an issue right now with the squad and two key players and contracts which need to be resolved soon - KL and RG. I want to see a championship squad or at least contender out there on the court one day. I don't want to see playoffs or just winning 1 round as the ceiling to my fav basketball team. We both want the team to succeed but we prefer different paths and we prefer different levels of success. Other teams will get rid of unwanted contracts and look to actively acquire assets in preparation for apparently the best draft in years. Boston is already doing this. That's how they were able to get that championship there - through asset collection. Other teams are preparing. In 2007 the raps won a division title for the first time and got 3rd in a brutally weak EC. A pretty fair amount of teams regrouped and did well in the summer in the draft and trades while the raps remained stagnant for the most part.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote