Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Wiggins debut
Thread: Wiggins debut
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
I don't get what you're trying to say in the first part of your post. Who here is debating that wiggins will decide to jump ship if he's not drafted by us? What some prefer is to get rid of the parts of this core that don't fit, build a new direction for this team, and rebuild through the draft. Being 9th-11th hasn't got us very far the last 5 years, has it? The only player on this team that everybody can agree should not be dealt (barring a trade you can't say no to, obviously) was drafted 5th, which I believe is the highest out of anyone on the roster? Like I said before, and let's go raps agreed with me here so I think I speak for us both, if we can contend without tanking, it would be amazing, but I fail to see a scenario where this core becomes a contender.

But no, demar and rudy are vc and t-mac v2, JV is Tim Duncan but with a cooler last name, and we will score some epic talent with the 30th pick right?
LET'S GO MEDIOCRITY!!!!!
CAP SPACE IS FOR PUNY MORTALS, MASAI THE GOD NEEDS NO SUCH THING.
If you're saying we need to get a core solely through top 5 draft picks (and of course the quality of the draft years will need to cooperate) then you are going to be waiting for another 18 years. Nice to bring up Vince and Tracey. No mediocrity resulted from that now did it? And they had two top 5 picks come before them. How did that turn out?

Seriously. There are ways to build a core that succeeds without high and hyped picks. Masai took a huge step towards that simply by getting rid of a number one pick. Here's an idea - how about hoping for the best while Jonas develops, then building upon that with good trades, smart draft picks, and developing what talent emerges here within a stronger culture and system. I want to hear a sarcastic response to that, and then follow it up with a big loud, LET'S GO RAPTOR'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!

I will laugh, because it's pretty funny.

This team can do better than 9-11, and eventually contend. With or without the magic that one player alone can bring. Building the right foundation over time is more important and more effective over the long term than trusting in magical thinking for instant success.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote