Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - BR: Prediction, biggest free agent busts 2013-14
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
I honestly don't think 5 mil per is that bad for Pachulia. He's a character/culture guy. Plays to win, not to make friends. I'm sure Larry Drew knew his importance the Hawks squad that has had a nice run of playoff appearances.

I don't like the Splitter contract - but I think they paid him on the expectation that he'll be mildly better than last year, and he will be - so not a bust.

Al Jefferson I can see on this list because he is expected to be a star.

I think Monta & Jose could be 'busts' in Dallas. Monta struggles at times, and Jose will be in a new role surrounded by other vets and is getting paid handsomely, regardless, I wouldn't bet on either being busts.

Carl Landry is getting paid like a good role player. He's getting paid to do what he already does, not to do more. He's not a bust. Like Pachulia.

Pekovic - expectations come with $12MMper - but I don't think he'll underperform.

Josh Smith - expectations to not only perform, but be somewhat of a leader and maybe the best player on the team. Suspect history with attitude and behaviour. Prime bust candidate.

Dwight Howard - Ditto. I'm not sure he'll be a bust though - I think he'll be very motivated to prove people wrong...but the last few years definitely suggest he might be the biggest bust of them all.

My list;

Josh Smith
Andrew Bynum

Chase Budinger

Wildcard - Dwight Howard
I don't think Bynum's contract is bad at all. And Smith's seams about right too.

I'd say:

Splitter
Calderon
Jeferson
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote