Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #8798 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Good points. However, Eriksen is 4 years younger than Ozil so in theory has more potential. However - right now - not even close. Interesting that Eriksen made a move to a bigger stage as an expiring like Ozil did in 2010.

Ramos: I'd have stopped Ozil joining Arsenal - Goal.com

Arbeloa: I thought Ozil was joking about leaving Madrid - Goal.com

Arbeloa - the only joke present is Florentino Perez.

Also, even though I am deeply saddened by what has happened - I'm really excited to see Isco thrive. 3 goals in 3 games from midfield. I think if he can maintain his starting place at Real (which he surely will now) - he may be a starter or supersub off the bench for Espana in Brazil. Carlo wants a CAM like Isco who's not as naturally up front (stays back a bit more) as Ozil and given Isco's similar play to Iniesta I can understand his preference. Carlo envisioned Ozil on the right as a RAM/RW/RM but he just can't perform well there. Ozil will like playing full matches but he's gone from competing for top honours to competing for the chance to play in the UCL. It could be worse though - Ozil could've stayed disgruntled as a sub not playing full (or the majority of) matches like what is happening at Chelsea with their 10 in Mata.
i need to watch some real games. I don't really like them but i do wanna see isco play, he sounds very exciting. Good points about ozil's position, it's a shame he couldn't perform as well on the left of the attacking 3.

all arsenal need is a GK and a DM and they are contenders for honours imo. Maybe a center-back and a striker too, but no team is perfect in ever area and when you let someone like giroud play through their problems, you never know they may start banging the goals in! Also, i think ozil will love playing for them.

wilshire, ramsey, arteta, cazorla, ozil, walcott, chamberlain, podolski, giroud. Not many teams have got better than that for attacking options.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote