Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #8795 (permalink)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
La Decima!!!!!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
Bbc sport website is running a live page with reactions from deadline day. People sending in comments. One comment the mods decided to publish was that ericksen cost 31mill less than ozil but created 125 chances to only 85 by ozil, so he's obviously a better buy.

I sent in a reply (prob won't be published,) saying that ericksen played in an easier league, was his team's sole creator whereas ozil played with other class players and ericksen cost a lot less coz he only had 1yr left on his contract. Both great signings but ozil is the better player.

Don't wanna sound like a smart-arse, but come on man, this shit is obvious!
Good points. However, Eriksen is 4 years younger than Ozil so in theory has more potential. However - right now - not even close. Interesting that Eriksen made a move to a bigger stage as an expiring like Ozil did in 2010.

Ramos: I'd have stopped Ozil joining Arsenal - Goal.com

Arbeloa: I thought Ozil was joking about leaving Madrid - Goal.com

Arbeloa - the only joke present is Florentino Perez.

Also, even though I am deeply saddened by what has happened - I'm really excited to see Isco thrive. 3 goals in 3 games from midfield. I think if he can maintain his starting place at Real (which he surely will now) - he may be a starter or supersub off the bench for Espana in Brazil. Carlo wants a CAM like Isco who's not as naturally up front (stays back a bit more) as Ozil and given Isco's similar play to Iniesta I can understand his preference. Carlo envisioned Ozil on the right as a RAM/RW/RM but he just can't perform well there. Ozil will like playing full matches but he's gone from competing for top honours to competing for the chance to play in the UCL. It could be worse though - Ozil could've stayed disgruntled as a sub not playing full (or the majority of) matches like what is happening at Chelsea with their 10 in Mata.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote