Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #8783 (permalink)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
La Decima!!!!!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Really, right now, we've replaced what we've lost in Cesc so I'm thrilled and really we're replacing Podolski. I know we were looking to acquire a 9 (and yeah, I read the rumors of Benzema), and I know Giroud has been on form right now, but if we're looking at being a top tier team we could've used a bit of reinforcement there.

As for the Spurs improving argument. You can sign quality parts, but Bale assumes attention. Take it from a the standpoint of a fan who seen highly rated players leave. The field shrinks and world-class players can really make above-average players look greater. Losing Bale is big.

Lastly, I only watch Real to watch Modric play, and he had a fantastic game - about time. I still think he's one the wrong team, I still think that Mourinho nearly ruined his career (as he's about to do to Mata's), I still think that he needs to be sold. But still, he's rated highly for a reason.
Always nice to see players play positions they're best at. Not just meh or ok at.

Arsenal aren't looking at being a top team. Arsenal are looking to gain that 4th spot as per usual.

Also, I love Ozil but Cesc - he's just a true beast. Being able to play practically anywhere in midfield and anywhere up front while having insane quality and producing trophy winning moments - it's truly phenomenal. I call him the magic man for Espana.

Spurs got a consistent 20 goals/season (in league) CF in Soldado. Spurs got 2 players who are younger than Bale and have the potential to be better than him in Lamela and Eriksen (Eriksen is the buy of the summer by far). Spurs have deep wings + midfield. I predict Spurs to get anywhere from 3-5th. 5th being a giant disappointment. A lot of things would have to right (for Spurs) and a lot of things would have to go wrong (for other teams) for Spurs to get 2nd (even 3rd for that matter).

Well Luka is getting his shot now with Xabi out for awhile. He bossed the other day against a much improved Athletic. I don't know what Mou is doing with Mata. I'm shocked he's already showing his ego/pride in his first season there.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote