Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Interest in Basketball among youth in Canada
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
rapsmannn
Jonas needs minutes

Representing:

I think basketball in youth has been that way since the early 2000's, with the internet and more games getting air time on national tv, if your interested in watching basketball it's easier to find on tv, also channels like tsn, sportsnet, and the score at the time who was a huge and under rated basketball channel

now its just players coming out of that environment with the real first wave of players in Tristan Thompson, and Corey Joseph followed by Andrew Nicholson as the second wave followed by the third wave of nba talent in Anthony Bennett and Kelly Olynk

it seems like every year there is another Canadian kid getting drafted

also I would like to point out that a lot of American hockey players come to Canada to develop there game in the CHL, well the same can be said about Canadians going south to develop their games in basketball, so I don't see anything wrong with going down south to improve your game if you feel that's the route you need to take to improve your game, everyone is different some need to stay at home and some need to leave to improve
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote