Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - World Soccer Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #8675 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

my prediction for the prem this season. (mostly based on what i thought before the season, but maybe a bit based on the 1st game of the season.)

1. chelsea
2. man city
3. man utd
4. tottenham
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

i don't actually think any of the top 3 are amazingly strong this season. Chelsea are the strongest imo, mourinho get them playing well and they have a very strong squad. City have a great squad too, and they have bought well, the new manager could get an atmosphere going where their aren't as many egos taking over. I think moyes will do ok at utd, but their midfield needs a massive overhaul. Fellaini would make a difference. BUT, i predict that none of them will do well in europe. Both tactically and in terms of players they are not as good as teams like, bayern, dortmund (more so tactically then squad strength,) real and barca are stronger. And within the prem, city and utd have new managers, that can always go wrong, chelsea failed to get the striker they were after and need to turn around some rather negative tactics they sunk into in the last couple of seasons.

4-6 could be totally interchangeable imo, aresnal have problems, but they also have money ready to spend. A center-back, a defensive mid and a striker would make them a totally different team. I think LFC are looking really good. Happy with the squad, love the movement and passing. Need to become more sharp at either end, cut out the defensive errors, finish better at the other end. Tottenham have a very good squad, solid, just not convinced they're better than arsenal or LFC. Their forward line is what would worry me.

i also predict that southampton, everton and villa will have good seasons.

Last edited by LKeet6; 08-20-2013 at 01:19 PM.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote