Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Pelicans uniforms unveiled
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
West Coast NBA Fan
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

I don't mind the color scheme nor the striping down the side. I'm actually happier with less detail and more of a plain look as long as the color scheme is evenly dispersed.

My problem with the uniforms are with the wordmark. When the Pelican logo was made public, I found it interesting that the word "New Orleans" took up half the logo. Usually, it's the other way around. Teams have the team name featured and the city is in smaller letters but the Pelicans had "New Orleans" featured.

My thinking was that this would be great looking on the uniforms since my basic thinking on uniform wordmarks are that you use the largest font possible and use each individual letter in vertical form as opposed to the "radial arch"/tilted letters that you see in Brooklyn and Memphis. Unfortunately, the organization completely screwed this up. The vertical, big font New Orleans turned small font and radial for the uniforms and it makes it look way too bland and amateurish IMO.

Sorry but I give these uniforms a well below average grade. But at least they're tank tops. I really hope that the sleeved uniforms go down the same route as the synthetic ball but I won't hold my breath.
West Coast NBA Fan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote