Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - MSG has 10yrs left?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Toby
a nacho hound

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
I was just there this past April and watched them play the Pacers. My first time at MSG, and it was a very underwhelming experience...the fans were so apathetic. Only small applause whenever they made a basket...the rest of the time, people were just chatting and playing with their phones.
That happens at the Rose Garden too. I think it's a trending experience in the NBA. A social get-together while you sit at a popular sporting arena.

In a game last year, I sat next to this young man, said hey what's up. He told me this was his first Blazer game. I was like right on, hope they win. After the first minute or two after tip off, I glanced over and.... yuuup, he was just glued to his Iphone. And not no NBA app, he was just tweeting people or some shit. The dude never looked up at the game at all. And me being me, well I yell a lot. Especially at the refs. Even though I was upper deck that day, I still hammer the refs as much as possible. Anyway, nearing the end of the 1st qtr. the cell phone addicted kid next to me bailed out. I guess I was being too loud. He needed a quieter place to use his smartphone. Didn't see him again for the rest of the game. More elbow room for me and the dude a seat down I guess?
Toby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote