Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Leiweke: Ujiri looking for a great big man coach, not tanking
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Anyway, I think the statement is reconcilable, because timing matters. I could be wrong about this, but I suspect the "suck to be good" comment was made earlier in the summer when there was more uncertainty about free agency and shit. It was back when there was a lot of activity, the new cap year began, and there was the possibilty of teams looking to make trades after striking out in free agency, or just getting more cap space once the new year began.

But now that things are clearer, and it's apparent nobody is going to give fair value for assets, they have decided to just keep moving forward without any consideration for ping pong balls. That is, they are not going to give shit away just for the sake of tanking.

I mean, you guys are like "hey, let's just trade away Lowry and Gay, then we'll be bottom 5 no problem". Okay, that might have been considered when the "suck" comment was made. But now that they know you're just getting expirings and one crappy pick, they've said fuck it.

My interpretation makes just as much sense as yours.

Mind reading is fun. :mu:
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote