Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who are the superstars?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
lill
rondo is a fascinating one to look at. I kind of agree with a lot of what bill said, he can't go into "god mode." he can't carry the team on his back, in terms of scoring. But he can totally carry a team "emotionally," with leadership, toughness, defence, huge plays that change games. I also kind of agree with what Zan said, maybe we're running a bit fast and loose with the term superstar, so probably rondo isn't one.

but i'm a total rondo fanboy, 2nd best PG in the league imo, and quite close to paul imo, I know that might be controversial, but close to 14ppg on 48% shooting isn't shit, AND he's better than paul in some areas. You could totally build your team round him imo, you don't need a superstar to play with him. Solid wings who can shoot 3s, a faried type PF and a C who can score in the post, decent bench, is a team that would go far in the playoffs with rondo imo. Obv I just described a very good team but my point is I guess, he's a franchise player, if short of being a superstar.
I liked Haverchuck's post but I agree with all this. Rondo might be the greatest floor general in his generation of pgs and can dominate the game in many ways that some scoring pgs can't.

I also think Haver was giving to much credit to Harden. Houston had a solid supporting cast, and imo Kevin McHale did a fantastic job with that team. It was hardly just Harden carrying them on their shoulders.

Harden is right there with Curry - they're the best of the rest but they'll never be good enough to outplay Lebron/Durant/Kobe/Melo.

There are your four superstars. Only 4.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote