Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who are the superstars?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

lillard would have to improve his efficiency and IQ A LOT to get that level imo. Obviously he's only a rookie and that could well happen, it won't imo, but it's way too early to be sure. He'd also have to keep improving the other aspects of his game as well.

rondo is a fascinating one to look at. I kind of agree with a lot of what bill said, he can't go into "god mode." he can't carry the team on his back, in terms of scoring. But he can totally carry a team "emotionally," with leadership, toughness, defence, huge plays that change games. I also kind of agree with what Zan said, maybe we're running a bit fast and loose with the term superstar, so probably rondo isn't one.

but i'm a total rondo fanboy, 2nd best PG in the league imo, and quite close to paul imo, I know that might be controversial, but close to 14ppg on 48% shooting isn't shit, AND he's better than paul in some areas. You could totally build your team round him imo, you don't need a superstar to play with him. Solid wings who can shoot 3s, a faried type PF and a C who can score in the post, decent bench, is a team that would go far in the playoffs with rondo imo. Obv I just described a very good team but my point is I guess, he's a franchise player, if short of being a superstar.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote