Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lakers will target Anthony and James in 2014 FA
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ataf
On T-Ross Flight 31

Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf

I didn't agree with Nelly said, I don't think Kobe's personality status affected Howard's decision as much as the coach, and management, future, etc... compared to HOU.

Kobe is a leader not in the same regards as any great vocal leaders like Lebron, but Kobe is the type which leads by example. I get Gasol was an all-star, but he wasn't as tough. Few others work harder or even get better like Odom (ask him yourself, he said he NEEDS a player like Kobe to tell him what to do and where to go), he makes Metta work harder, Bynum wouldn't have had any motivation to work at all imo if he hadn't been in this situation with Kobe and Phil. If Bynum was losing on a team which was satisfied with just 'doing your best' rather than 'championship or bust' he'd not be as good. Kobe expects his player's best, if he doesn't, he calls them out. That's why him and Shaq didn't get along, and that's why Bynum and him didn't get along, same with Dwight. All of those 3 have issues of either lack of immaturity, work ethic, and focus.... and Kobe doesn't tolerate that. Cause he knows that you need those to go in order to win a championship. I don't expect Nelly to know that. Just cause he's a loud mouth doesn't make him right... Poor insight IMO.

Edit: People who'd want to play with Kobe are the players who want to win bad and have fun later. Players who don't want to play with Kobe are the goof balls, players who don't take the game seriously... Don't either work hard, or are immature. (excluding star players who want to be the main player) AKA it's a short list of players who you don't want to depend on. You don't become 5 time championship with luck.

Last edited by Ataf; 07-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Ataf is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote