Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What They're Saying: 2012-2013 Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #916 (permalink)

I would 100% agree with the drummond comment and partially with the rondo comment. While rondo is a massive upgrade over knight and you'd be nuts not to do that trade, he's obvioulsly a bad fit for them, long term. If they got gay instead of smith, it would be different, all they'd need would be a good 3pt shooting guard and rondo/drummond would lock down the D.

While Drummond is clearly not the 4th best player in the league, I wouldn't trade him either for anything but a superstar in their prime. I would absolutely consider other players beyond those 3, rose if healthy etc, but considering where detroit is, an upgrade of drummond to say someone like Bosh makes little sense. Yes, you're better now and for the next 2-3 years, but you're not a title team anyway.

Take JV for us, would you consider trading him for Bosh (or similar player) now? I bet 75% of the fans would not do that trade.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote