Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What They're Saying: 2012-2013 Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #915 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Oh totally I get that. But Detroit fans clearly overrate Drummond as well as knight. I get he's great, has shown flashes of brilliance etc, but to say that you would only accept the top 2 players and another arguably top five for him is mind-blowingly dumb. Drummond has as much value to me as JV(maybe less due to him being Deandre Jordan-like on free throws) and I'd take a long hard look if offered a deal for any top 10-15 player who is not old or has health concerns. There is a difference between elite and guys who can be considered all-time greats.
Again, my comment was only the comparison of the two comments.

But I'm someone who is drinking the koolaid with Drummond. He displays all of the attributes and has all of the tools to become dominant, and be one of the top players in the NBA in the next few years. There aren't many 7 footers that have the athleticism, foot speed, quickness, agility and body he has combined into one. The last guy like him was Dwight essentially, and Dwight was a top 3 player for a few years. The thing that makes me believe in Drummonds potential is his quick learning curve and understanding of the game at a such a young age. He defended the pick and roll very well very quickly in his rookie year, and he was extremely impressive in the time I've watched him in defending without fouling, versus guards or inside. Plus he's already shown that he can control the paint on the defensive end with his ability to get to spots quicker than most of the league, and he's already adept on the offensive boards. Obviously his skill level on the offensive end needs to improve in terms of his moves in the paint(he does have a soft touch though), but with more minutes this year, I dont think its crazy to say that he averages 10+10+2+ blocks next year.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote