Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What They're Saying: 2012-2013 Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #913 (permalink)
KoolAid
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
This

Is 10x worse than this:

Knight is a career backup who has no defined NBA skill as of yet. Hes not a good passer, hes an average shooter at best, his defence isn't that good, and he's not a leader at PG. Comparing him to Rondo, let alone saying you'd much rather have him over Rondo is blasphemous.

Drummond on the other hand has shown flashes of becoming one of the best centers in the NBA very very soon. He's only 19 years old. You shouldn't be trading a player of his potential and talent level at that position for anything but the elite. That comment isn't out of this realm.
Oh totally I get that. But Detroit fans clearly overrate Drummond as well as knight. I get he's great, has shown flashes of brilliance etc, but to say that you would only accept the top 2 players and another arguably top five for him is mind-blowingly dumb. Drummond has as much value to me as JV(maybe less due to him being Deandre Jordan-like on free throws) and I'd take a long hard look if offered a deal for any top 10-15 player who is not old or has health concerns. There is a difference between elite and guys who can be considered all-time greats.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote