Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Cap/Tax Status
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #240 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Now, one complication in adding that vet minimum is that it is likely a handshake deal where the player is waived as soon as he arrives. But a sign and trade must be for at least 3 years. As such it would seem like the Raps would be stuck with 3 years of an additional minimum salary cap hit.

But there is a loophole - only the first year of a S and T has to be fully guaranteed - so the handshake deal can be a three year contract for the minimum, with the second and third years fully unguaranteed. The player is waived immediately, collects a paycheck from the Raps for the year, and only has a cap hit for this year.
Yeah, good idea posting this. I believe this is what Brooklyn and Boston are doing with Bogans, in order to make their deal work.

I'll just be interested to see who the Knicks throw in. Martin looked good last year. I could see him getting offers from other playoff teams that he might want to join. Maybe Prigioni agrees, I guess.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote