Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Cap/Tax Status
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #236 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
only partially, there are still some limitations according to Dan's post - basically you can't use the MLE to go over luxury + 4M, so you need to be at least 2 million under the limit in order to get full MLE.
Yes, dude, and I'd already explained that when you questioned what I was saying. The way you put it was wrong, if you were saying the way I phrased it was wrong. Because the way I phrased it is how it works.

This is what I said. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
You're using the term "cap" when you should be talking about tax threshold. It's confusing things. You can use the full $5 mill MLE if you start under the TAX threshold when you sign. That's why Dan has listed the "Apron" figure. Because once a team uses the full Non-taxpayer MLE and ends up over the tax by using it, they are confined to remaining under the Apron for the rest of the year.

You have cap, tax threshold, and Apron. 3 different levels with different implications.
The only thing I didn't mention was the specific point where the Apron kicks in. + 4 mill

Jesus, Moremilk.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote